The Bishops of Scotland have NOT reimposed the Sunday obligation, but if you wish to attend Mass it is essential that the conditions below are observed.
- Social distancing is to be carefully observed;
- Face-coverings are compulsory for those attending church (except under-5s);
- A maximum attendance of 50 people per service is being imposed for now, but this will be reviewed on 30th July;
- For each Mass, the parish is to retain details of names and contact details of all attendees. (Please note this is for track and trace purposes and if there is a case of covid-19 in the church this will have ramifications for those who attend that Mass).
In the parishes of St. Peter’s and St. Columba’s the following conditions are to be noted for 20th-24th July (any subsequent changes will be published on the parish website and facebook pages):
- Mass will NOT be celebrated in St. Peter’s due to the ongoing asbestos removal works but we hope to have it open for Masses on the weekend of 25th-26th July. Until then, all public Masses will be at St. Columba’s.
- There will be no pass-keepers, music ministry, eucharistic ministers or lay readers.
- Mass will be celebrated in a brief but dignified fashion with no homily.
- The limit of 50 people at Mass will be adhered to strictly. Given that it is difficult to publicise this in advance it is possible that people will be turned away at the door of the church. As of Vigil Masses on Saturday 25th July you will have to sign up on the internet in order to attend.
Mass times are as follows:
You will now be required to book to attend Mass at St Columba’s or St Peter’s. To book, click on the link : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/30753214066
- Click on the Mass you wish to attend
- Check you are looking at the right date and time for the Mass you wish to attend
- Click ‘Register’
- Select the number of tickets you need (4 is the maximum but if you have more than 4 people just make 2 bookings)
- C lick ‘Register’
- Enter your contact details as the person organising the booking. (This is needed for Track & Trace.)
- Click ‘Register’.
- Your next screen will say “Thanks for your order!” and confirm details of the Mass you’re going to.
- You’ll also receive an email to confirm the booking. It might take a few minutes for the email to arrive; but if it does not arrive, check your Junk / Spam folder just in case.